In this course, you will learn :
- Discover why it's still in use after nearly 50 years, how it compares to graphical tools you might be more familiar with, how to navigate the shell, and how to create, modify, and delete files and folders.
- How to work with the data contained in those files The tools we'll use are simple, but they're essential building blocks.
- How to use this power to select the data you want, as well as commands for sorting values and removing duplicates
- How to create your own pipelines to do this You'll see how the shell stores information using variables along the way.
- How to go a step further and create your own commands
- Manipulating files and directories
- Manipulating data
- Combining tools
- Batch processing
- Creating new tools