In this course, you will :
- discover how to install and use bioconductor packages
- Because most packages in Bioconductor inherit from S4, you will be introduced to S4 objects and functions. In addition, you will investigate the BSgenome package using a real genomic dataset of a fungus.
- Using a virus's tiny genome, you can learn about alphabets and sequence manipulation.
- Learn how to manipulate your sequences using these containers and their associated metadata.
- What is Bioconductor?
- Biostrings and when to use them?
- IRanges and GenomicRanges
- Introducing ShortRead