In this course, you will :
- Explain basic cyber security terminology; be able to keep up with cyber security issues; and identify information assets.
- Describe basic authentication mechanisms; be aware of alternative authentication methods; and be able to improve password security.
- Identify major malware types; be aware of various malware propagation methods; and be capable of preventing malware infections.
- Describe cryptography terminology; be able to use cryptography for email; and be aware of cryptography applications.
- Demonstrate understanding of firewalls, virtual private networks and network intrusion detection and prevention technologies.
- Describe legal and regulatory issues relating to cyber security; and understand how to recover from security failures.
- Apply basic risk analysis and management techniques.
- Threat landscape
- Networking and communications
- Network security
- When your defences fail
- Managing security risks