In this course, you will :
- Discover how Adam transformed his childhood passion for drawing into a successful career as an illustrator, designer, and typographer.
- Learn about the influences that shaped him and how his daily surroundings inspire his work.
- Learn how to choose the right sketchbook and drawing materials for you by experimenting with different pens and paper, and why these are so important for your work.
- demonstrates the fundamental letter-drawing technique required to begin creating your own letterforms. Start practising lettering in your sketchbook and creating your own typographic designs.
- guides you through the process of drawing a freeform alphabet based on your designs, then helps you develop your alphabet by teaching you how to sketch letters within the constraints of a pre-drawn shape.
- Learn how to link words to their definitions or how they sound. Following that, Adam demonstrates how to incorporate colour into your sketchbook: see which colours go well together and how colour can enhance your designs.
1. Getting to Know Our Tools
- Sketchbooks Are Essential!
- Introduction to Drawing Letters
2. Developing Your Creative Lettering Sketchbook
- Letter Styles
- Drawing Alphabets
- Letters in Boxes
- Furry Words: Onomatopoeia
- Using Colour
- Song Lyric Sketchbook Designs
3. How Your Sketchbooks Will Keep On Working for You
- Sharing Your Sketches
- Next Steps for Your Favourite Sketchbook Works
- Your Personal Lettering Resource