In this course, you will :
- Heide shows you how to restore furniture by weaving a one-of-a-kind and comfortable seat out of Danish cord.
- Learn how to use traditional techniques to create unique and long-lasting furniture designs.
- Consider the benefits of weaving on furniture, from its flexibility to its tactile qualities. Then delve into Danish cord, as well as some of the other materials Heide employs in her workshop.
- Investigate various weaving techniques and patterns for creating one-of-a-kind furniture.
- Gather your weaving tools and materials, then select a frame to weave on. Lay out your pattern and l-nails to prepare your frame. Begin weaving the warp, or initial framework, of your design.
- Investigate the key design elements to consider when creating a piece of furniture with a woven surface.
1. Methods and Materials
- Why Woven Furniture?
- Introduction to Danish Cord
- Techniques and Patterns
2. Time to Weave
- Gather Your Materials and Tools
- Selecting a Frame to Weave Upon
- Preparing the Frame: Layout and Nails
- Setting the Warp
- Wrap the Rail
3. Tips and Resources
- Designing Furniture for a Weave
- Caring For Your Danish Cord Furniture