In this course, you will learn :
- Recognize the effects of the writing situation, process, and classroom resources on you.
- Brainstorm to generate and implement ideas for the essay.
- Develop and structure introduction and conclusion paragraphs effectively.
- Create a thesis statement that is clear, specific, and well-connected.
- Understand the structure of essay paragraphs.
- Create detailed, specific, and relevant body paragraph content.
- Revise your writing to ensure it is thorough, specific, detailed, and effective.
- Using helpful rules and tips, check for spelling and grammatical errors.
1. Before You Start Writing
- Before You Start Writing Watch This
- The Writing Process: Steps to Success
2. Creating and Organizing your Writing Ideas
- Brainstorming: Where Writing Begins
- Outlining to Structure the Brainstorm
- Organization: Structuring the Essay Paragraphs
3. Developing and Organizing your Essay
- The Introduction Paragraph: Starting Strong
- Developing the Body Paragraphs
- The Conclusion Paragraph: Making the Essay Memorable
4. Revising and Editing your Essay
- Revision: Making the Essay Effective
- Grammar Foundations
- Using the Comma: 4 Essential Rules to Success
- Spelling in the Age of Spell Check
- The Final Thoughts Before You Write