In this course, you will :
- To find energy-saving solutions, take a step-by-step approach.
- Analyze a building's energy consumption.
- Analyze the local climate and choose appropriate actions.
- Create an integrated net-zero-energy building concept.
- Week 1 Energy in the built environment Introduction to Zero Energy Design Analyse the energy consumption of a selected building
- Week 2 REDUCE: Passive measures Analyse the local climate and choose passive measures to reduce the energy demand, like thermal insulation and sun shading.
- Week 3 REDUCE: Active measures Overview of active measures to reduce the energy demand, like demand-controlled heating and ventilation.
- Week 4 REUSE Overview of the opportunities to reuse energy flows in buildings, like heat recovery from ventilation air and warm waste water
- Week 5 PRODUCE Overview of the opportunities to produce heat and electricity in the building, like PV-systems, ground source heat pumps.
- Week 6 INTEGRATE Apply all the measures from the previous weeks in an integrated net zero energy concept for the selected building