In this course, you will :
- Learn how she turned her childhood love of cartoons, video games, and anime into a full-time career as an artist, as well as the influences that inspire her work.
- Learn about kawaii culture, its proportions, and expressions. Then, discover how to develop your own personal style and colour palette. Examine the tools required for kawaii illustration and create an inspiration mood board before sketching out your character and their world.
- Refine your sketch with Procreate's digital tools. Then finish the line work by following Becky's advice for a smooth, clean finish. Color your illustration with the palette of your choice before adding light and shadows for dimension.
- Finish your work by adding finishing touches such as stars, hearts, and speech bubbles. Finally, learn how to export your illustrations for printing and get Beck's tips on posting on social media and starting an online shop.
1. An Introduction to the Kawaii World
- Finding Your Kawaii Style and Color Palette
- Kawaii Proportions and Expressions
- Kawaii: What Is It?
2. Imagining a Kawaii World
- Developing an Idea: Character and World Design
- Inspiration and Mood Board
3. Creating a Kawaii World
- Sketching Your World
- The Line Art Work
- The Coloring Process
- Adding Shadows and Highlights
4. Making the Artwork Shine
- The Art Journey: Final Thoughts and Tips
- Exporting for Merch and Printing
- How to Add Spark to the Illustration