In this course, you will learn:
- How to produce made-to-measure garments using body measurements.
- Patterns for certain clothing and how to make them.
- How to put clothes together.
- The evolution of stylish skirts.
- How to design clothing for the fashion industry.
- Understand how to record body measurements used to create skirts
- Create a skirt block made from measurements, along with sewing a fitting sample and completing a fit analysis
- Develop skirt adaptations; waist finishes, pockets, lengths, widths and fullness techniques. Along with educational content on fabrics that work for fashion garments.
- Gain an appreciation of the history of designer skirts and develop the skills to design a unique range of skirts using a template. Taking one skirt design and completing the industry specification sheet for production, creating the pattern and sewing a finished sample.