In this course, you will learn :
- Demonstrates how to use worldbuilding to create captivating character designs Investigate lighting, layers, colour, and other elements to create fascinating protagonists who tell a complete story in a single glance.
- Begin the course by getting to know Even Amundsen, an illustrator and character artist. Learn about his creative journey that led to a full-time career as an artist, as well as the influences that inspire him and the work he creates.
- How to overcome creative blocks before beginning to work on proportions and general figure construction Then, to elevate your design, create a line drawing and experiment with lighting. Choose a colour scheme that reflects the environment in which your character lives.
- Make any necessary final adjustments before rendering your work. To conclude the course, Even walks you through the process of expanding on the artwork you've created in order to get the most out of it.
1. Concepting the Character
- Treating the Character Like a Person
- Defining World Constraints
- Building the Setting
- Defining the Character and the Context
- Creating the Character: The Whole Funnel
2. Drawing the Character
- Overcoming Creative Blocks
- Constructing the Character: Proportions
- Line Drawing
- Flat Colors
3. Tidying Up and Expanding the Concept
- Refining and Rendering
- Building on What You Have