In this course, you will :
- Learn how to use mood boards to find inspiration for your images. Compile imagery relevant to your project, choose a colour palette, sketch ideas, and source materials for your set design. Create thumbnails based on your sketches, with a focus on composition.
- Then, photograph or scan your drawings and fill them in with colours from your chosen palette. Discover how to use your sketches to generate the materials and equipment required for your set design.
- Layering props allows you to go beyond a simple background and add depth to your scene. Based on your mood board and sketches, choose your model and their clothing.
- Michelle and Forrest then walk you through the photoshoot process, emphasising the importance of organising your props and taking test shots for a professional end result.
- Learn how to choose the best photos from the shoot and edit them in Lightroom, experimenting with exposure, colour balance, contrast, and saturation. Crop your images for the best composition possible, then export them for retouching. Use Photoshop to enhance your images before saving them to share online.
1. Shaping the Narrative
- Mood Board and Color Palette
- Materials, Equipment and Set Design
- Bonus Lesson: Project Planning
2. Creating Your Reality
- Set Building
- Wardrobe and Talent
- Shoot Day
- Bonus Lesson: Style Explanation
3. Polishing the Product
- Bonus Lesson: Final Selection