In this course, you will :
- Discover the history of flat lay photography and how it can help you tell a unique story. Examine the equipment required for this course, where to find it, and how to use it correctly.
- Learn about the most important aspects of photography, such as natural lighting, the best time of day to shoot, and how to remove unwanted shadows.
- Set up your equipment around your light source before diving into the photo shoot stage.
- Experiment with layout and composition by arranging your props to achieve the best results. It's time to fire up the camera and start snapping flat lay photos! Learn how to use side on and overhead techniques to take angled shots to capture different points of view.
- Discover Darren's post-production workflow by watching his tips for choosing the best shots. Darren then walks you through the editing process on the mobile Lightroom app.
- Learn how to create professional-looking images by using digital brushes and adjustments.
- Finally, learn how to export your photographs in various formats before uploading them to social media or your portfolio.
1. Photo Preparation
- How Flat Lays Can Help You Tell a Story
- Equipment and Materials
- Composition Tips
2. Taking Your Shot
- Equipment Setup
- Material Setup and Composition
- Taking the Flat Lay Shot
- Shooting an Angled Flat Lay
3. The Editing Process
- Making Selects
- Editing the Photo and Creating a Preset
- Exporting and Uploading Your Image