In this course, you will :
- Discover how to compute the distance between observations for both continuous and categorical features. You will also gain an understanding of how the scales of your features affect distance.
- How do you use the calculated distances to find groups of similar observations (clusters) in your data?
- Learn about the linkage criteria and the dendrogram plot, as well as how they are used to build clusters, which are the fundamental principles of hierarchical clustering.
- Investigate data from a wholesale distributor to perform market segmentation of clients based on their spending habits.
- Learn how to choose the correct k when it is unknown, and revisit the wholesale data from a different angle.
- Investigate how the average salary for various professions has changed over time.
- Calculating distance between observations
- Hierarchical clustering
- K-means clustering
- Case Study: National Occupational mean wage