In this course, you will :
- Learn how to bring your images to life with a vibrant colour palette and how to position them in a publishing-ready layout. Use words and images to convey a meaningful message to young, inquisitive minds.
- Check out her previous course, Creating Characters for Children's Stories with Procreate, to learn more about how to improve your character illustrations.
- Learn about the various fields of illustration and how they apply to children's illustration in particular.
- Learn how to use text to enhance your illustration and add a meaningful message to its storey.
- guides you through the process of refining your images and incorporating text into your sketch
- demonstrates how to use three grayscale tones to improve image contrast and clarity.
- Then, add colour to your black and white image by experimenting with Procreate's colour tools such as alpha locking and gradient maps.
- Learn how to use halftones to digitally simulate printing techniques that create a textured look for your image.
1. Draw With Your Head
- Children’s Illustration 101
- I Have a Job for You
- Things You Need to Know
- Illustration as a Second Language
2. Drawing With Your Hands
- Prepping Your Workfile
- Thumbnails Are Key
- Sketching for Clients
3. Digital Drawing
- Some Notes on Color
- Working with a Limited Color Palette
- Adding Color to Black and White Images
- Adding Texture with Halftones