Determine the critical information required to create a product and brand strategy that generates both short-term and long-term value. After completing this course, you will be able to develop an activity plan to bring your brand strategy to life, both externally to consumers and internally to employees. You will be able to define the appropriate metrics for determining success in the implementation of your product and brand strategy, taking into account any adjustments that may be required under a test and learn methodology.
Luis Rodriguez Baptista, an IE University professor and marketing consultant, will lead you through six modules that begin with understanding the challenge of managing products through their "life-cycle" and end with learning how to equip your employees with the knowledge to deliver on your brand promise.The course includes interviews with consumers and industry professionals to demonstrate the significance of brand strategy.
1. Launching new products and the challenge of managing their life-cycle.
- How do you classify new products and what is the product mix?
- What is the product lifecycle?
- How to grow your product offering?
- How to calculate demand for your product.
- How to develop and launch new products.
- Defining your product pipeline.
2. Developing compelling brands that inspire your most critical stakeholders and impact your bottom line.
- What is a brand and why do you need one?
- Inputs for developing your brand.
- How to analyze your competitors.
- Defining your brand model.
- What is a brand essence and why is it so important?
- What are brand values and why do you need them?
- Connecting all the dots: Translating your brand into a positioning statement.
- Evaluating your brand strategy.
3. Knowing how to communicate your offering: Brand Architecture & naming.
- What Brand Architecture is and why you need it.
- Brand equity and its relevance in your business.
- Which are the different models of brand architecture?
- What a branded house is and when to use it.
- What a house of brands is and when to use it.
- What a hybrid model is and when to use it.
- How to develop a brand architecture.
- Top 5 indicators of a brand architecture issue or opportunity.
- Things to consider when naming your brand.
4. Building your brand portfolio.
- What a product and brand portfolio is and why you need to define it.
- What is the relationship between brand portfolio and brand architecture?
- How to develop your brand portfolio
- Managing your brand portfolio
5. Translating your brand into compelling customer experiences.
- The customer experience journey.
- What is the purchase funnel?
- The touchpoint concept.
- Identifying your touchpoints.
- Prioritizing the key touchpoints.
- Defining the touchpoints roles.
- Implementing the brand at the key touchpoints.
6. Equipping and engaging employees to deliver on the brand promise.
- What is brand engagement and why do you need it?
- Defining your internal communication and training program.
- Embedding the brand throughout the organization.
- Measuring and tracking internal brand behavior.
- Key success factors for your brand engagement program.