The RPA Developer Nanodegree Program assists students in developing professional-level skills in the development and deployment of software robots. You will learn fundamental RPA concepts as well as how to use the UiPath RPA software platform to automate business processes, all while refreshing your basic programming skills.
Course 1: Intro to RPA with UiPath
Introduction to UiPath
- Install and update the UiPath components and extensions, taking into account the versioning scheme.
- Use the user interface of the UiPath Studio to interact with the application and design automation workflows.
- Search, install, save, use and reuse activities in UiPath Studio.
Variables, Arguments, & Control Flow
- Code an automation using variables and arguments
- Understand and utilize the correct data types
- Code an automation using both sequences and flowcharts
- Code an automation which loops through data MID-COURSE PROJECT Data & String Manipulation and UI Activity Properties
- Pescribe data manipulation and its importance
- Apply data manipulation methods suitable for RPA to different types of data structures and variables
- Explain collection, its types, and manipulations
- Understand and correctly use the properties of User Interface activities to make them robust, reusable, and scalable
- Using VB.NET string methods, dynamically store all the files in the folder in an array variable
- Using validation methods, check the file names against constraints and move the files depending on the process requirements
- Understand what is a Selector and what makes a selector robust, stable, and dynamic
- Create stable and dynamic selectors
- Debug selectors to fine-tune them in order to improve element manipulation precision
- Understand the structure of selectors and what tags and attributes refer to
- Use Anchors to manage difficult situations
Project 1: Sorting Annual Reports
You've been tasked with organising several annual reports from your company, but you'd like to be able to create an automation so that you can just click one button and future reports will be automatically sorted! You will be given a webpage where all of the reports are currently stored and will be asked to create an automation to sort them by report name.
Course 2: UiPath Advanced Automation Techniques and Design
Excel, Data Tables, and PDF Automation
- Understand the concept of DataTable and its Manipulation technique
- Identify the common methods of data manipulation for DataTables
- Code an automation using an Excel spreadsheet, datatables, and PDFs
- Automate creating and populating new Excel files from datatable variables using the Excel and Workbook automation packages within UiPath Studio.
- Extract text segments from PDF using the PDF activities
Recording, UI Interactions, and Advanced Citrix Automation
- Use the recorder to automate actions
- Differentiate between actions that can be recorded automatically and actions that have to be manually recorded in UiPath
- Use the Basic, Desktop and Web Recording and know the situations in which each of them is appropriate
- Use the Screen Scraping wizard and configure input and output methods as appropriate to the context.
- Use the Data Scraping functionality of UiPath in the appropriate contexts.
- Code an automation to scrape data from various sources (web, PDF, applications) using data scraping wizard and screen scraping wizard
- Perform basic Image and Text Automations as well as Virtual Machine Application Automations
- Identify activities suited for email automation
- Code an automation to read emails using Mail activities
- Code an automation to filter and download attachment from the mail
- Code an automation to send emails using message template
Debugging, Exception Handling, and Testing
- Use debugging techniques to find errors
- Define exception handling and use of different types of exceptions in finding errors
- Run and test your automations with default values and reusable code
Introduction to Orchestrator
- Define Orchestrator and its functions
- Understand the concept of processes and publishing package
- Connect your Studio Robot to Orchestrator and identify types of robots in Orchestrator
- Understand Orchestrator Queues and Assets
- Define the process for scheduling of robots
Project 2: Invoice Scraping
You will create automation for a process that will scrape data from and then process invoices in this project. Your robot will read through emails and download invoices received as email attachments. It will extract specific data and store the values in an Excel spreadsheet before uploading a subset of the values to the Orchestrator Queue. Finally, when the spreadsheet is complete, the robot will email it to you.
Course 3: RPA Team Best Practices
- Code an automation that interacts with a user
- Verify stability of the automation
- Catch all errors and handle them in a graceful way by reprocessing, retrying, or letting the user know when an action failed and must be manually handled
- Understand the common exceptions thrown in UiPath Studio
- Organize a project in an efficient and understandable way
- Ensure all business requirements from a Process Definition Document are met throughout a project (all use cases stated, all known and unknown exceptions handled, etc.)
- Test and debug each workflow (unit testing) as well as the overall project workflow
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of best practices by correcting the project in areas of readability, logging, reusability, and naming conventions
- Build and test dynamic selectors and highlight relevant tags and attributes of those selectors
- Complete project documentation and necessary sections of the Design Specification Document
- Understand the production level framework, state machines, audit logs, and retry mechanisms
- Understand how RPA fits into digital transformation
- Understand expectations of each role on an RPA team
Project 3: RPA Code Review
As an RPA developer, you will frequently be asked to review the work of other RPA developers on your team. Before completing the end-to-end automation solution, team members routinely review each other's code.
When development and testing are completed, it is your responsibility as the project's RPA developer to complete the Design Specification Document (DSD) for hand-off to the COE.