Learn how to create marketing content, use social media to spread your message, make your content searchable, run ad campaigns, and advertise on Facebook. Learn how to use display and video ads, as well as how to market via email and measure and optimise with Google Analytics.
Course 1: Marketing Fundamentals
LESSON ONE Welcome to Digital Marketing
- Marketing is an essential part of your everyday life. We will take you on a journey through the evolving digital marketing landscape. This course will teach the fundamentals to help you navigate and thrive in this fast-growing field.
LESSON TWO The Digital Marketing Framework
- We provide a framework to help you make the right decisions in an ever-changing digital marketing environment. Learn about our marketing map that covers the what, who, how, where and when of marketing.
LESSON THREE What: Your Business
- The journey begins with understanding the “what” you are marketing. Learn how to articulate a business model in a concise targeted way.
LESSON FOUR Who & When: Your Customer
- Customers drive all marketing actions. Get to know this customer through empathy maps and hone in on your target by developing a user persona. Learn the different stages of the customer journey your customer will go through to reach you.
LESSON FIVE Where: Marketing Channels
- There are many different ways to reach your customer at different stages in their journey, with an increasing number of marketing channels from which to choose. Align your choice of marketing channel with the customer journey to achieve the best results.
LESSON SIX Why: Marketing Objectives & KPIs
- Setting marketing objectives and measuring your progress toward them with Key Performance Indicators is a crucial step of the planning process.
Course Project Prepare to Market
This first project will help you get ready for your new job as a digital marketer. You have the option of marketing your own company or a Sandbox B2C or B2B product that we have provided. You will market a B2C or B2B product, summarise the company's business model, articulate the marketing objective, and create a target persona for the product you choose to market.
Course 2: Content Strategy
LESSON ONE Plan Your Content
- A marketer has a message and that message has to be communicated through great content. In this lesson, you learn how to plan and organize your content.
LESSON TWO Create Content
- Great content has a few common components. In this lesson, you learn the power of storytelling, different frameworks you can use to tell persuasive stories, and how to make the most of your content with curation and repurposing.
LESSON THREE Distribute & Promote Content
- Compelling content on its own won’t get the job done. In this lesson, you learn how to promote and distribute your content, while keeping it all organized with a content calendar.
LESSON FOUR Optimize Website UX & Landing Pages
- Your website plays a crucial role in reaching your marketing objectives. In this lesson, you learn how to apply UX design principles to your website and how to create and test landing pages.
LESSON FIVE Measure Impact
- Measurement is key to the success of your content marketing. In this lesson, you learn what metrics to consider and how to optimize your results.
LESSON SIX Jobs in Content Marketing
- We describe what it’s like to be a Content Marketer and what skills recruiters look for in the recruiting process.
Course 3: Social Media Marketing (Organic)
LESSON ONE Social Media Landscape
- First, it’s important to understand the social media landscape. Plan your approach with the help of two popular frameworks and align your strategy with the customer journey.
LESSON TWO Social Media Channels
- We’ll take a closer look at Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Snapchat. Deliver your message in the most important platforms for your audience. Find and work with influencers to help you.
LESSON THREE Social Media Content
- Each social media platform requires a distinct approach. In this lesson, you learn how to develop or adapt content for social media, make your content match the platform you choose and create content that audiences will share.
LESSON FOUR Implement & Monitor Campaigns
- Success in social media requires careful monitoring and management of your content and your audience. Social media management tools, like Hootsuite, can help you get the most out of social media.
LESSON FIVE Measure Impact
- As with all marketing campaigns, you’ll need to measure the impact of you social media efforts. Measure success in different platforms and learn the formula to predict virality.
LESSON SIX Jobs in Social Media Marketing
- We describe what it’s like to be a social media marketer and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Market your Content
We want you to practise producing and marketing content about a subject you are very familiar with — yourself! First, you'll create a blog post. Following that, you will create social media posts for three different social platforms in order to share your blog post with your target audience.
Course 4: Social Media Advertising (Paid)
LESSON ONE Intro to Social Media Advertising
- Discover how social media advertising works and dive into the current landscape.
LESSON TWO Platforms for Social Ads
- Social Media Platforms offer different opportunities for paid advertising. Learn what is possible on several platforms and evaluate which is right for your objective and audience.
LESSON THREE Facebook — Getting Started
- Facebook is a powerful social media platform with a massive audience worldwide. Gain hands on experience by setting up your Facebook advertising account and explore campaign objectives.
LESSON FOUR Facebook — Create Ad Sets
- Ads need to reach the right audience. In this Facebook-focused lesson, you’ll learn different ways to target your audience, where to place your ads, and how to determine a budget and bidding schedule.
LESSON FIVE Facebook — Create and Manage Ads
- Facebook ads require thoughtful planning. Learn how to create and run ads on Facebook, write compelling copy, choose the right images, test different ads and evaluate the performance of ads using campaign examples.
LESSON SIX Jobs in Social Media Advertising
- We describe what it’s like to be a social media advertiser and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Evaluate a Facebook Campaign
You will be evaluating a Facebook ad campaign in this project. We will provide you with the campaign's marketing objective, ad campaign, ad set, and ad performance data. You will be able to analyse this data set to evaluate KPIs and make recommendations for how to improve a future iteration of the campaign.
Course 5: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
LESSON ONE How Search Works
- To execute a successful SEO strategy, you need to know how search engines work. In this lesson, you’ll learn search engines basics.
LESSON TWO Keywords
- SEO needs to align with the keywords that matter most to your target audience. In this lesson, you’ll learn about keywords — how to choose the right ones for your objectives and how research can help you to identify them.
LESSON THREE On-Site SEO: Optimize UX & Design
- Learn how to optimize the UX and design of your site to help search engines find and associate your content with your target keyword list.
LESSON FOUR Off-Site SEO: Link-building
- Inbound links to your content are crucial in determining your search engine ranking for your target keywords. Develop and execute a link building strategy to improve your site’s relevance and ranking.
LESSON FIVE SEO Audit & Future of SEO
- SEO is an ongoing effort and it is important to audit your site on a regular basis to ensure optimal visibility. Execute a content and technical SEO audit and explore tools that can help in this process.
LESSON SIX Jobs in SEO
- We describe what it’s like to be a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Marketer and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Conduct an SEO Audit
In this project, you will audit a website or the website of your company and recommend actions to improve its ranking in search engine results. You will recommend a target keyword list, evaluate the site's design and UX, and make recommendations for improvements.
Course 6: Search Engine Marketing with Google Ads (SEM)
LESSON ONE Keyword Selection
- Explore how Google Ads is organized and plan a Google Ads campaign using keyword research.
LESSON TWO Create Text Ads
- Search text ads are one ad type you can utilize in Google Ads. In this lesson, you learn how to write compelling search text ads, align your text ads with your target keywords and optimize landing pages to boost your search engine marketing campaigns.
LESSON THREE CPC Bidding
- Learn how Google Ads bidding works, Google’s ad placement formula, and plan your ad spend by calculating a max cost-per-click (CPC) bid.
LESSON FOUR Navigate Google Ads
- Google Ads is the largest search engine advertising platform. In this lesson, you learn how to set up a search engine marketing campaign along with a few nuances of the tool.
LESSON FIVE SEM Metrics & Optimization
- Measuring, monitoring and optimizing your search advertising campaigns is the key to a successful return on investment (ROI). Discover key metrics to monitor and optimize your campaign performance.
LESSON SIX Jobs in SEM
- We describe what it’s like to be a Search Engine Marketer (SEM) and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Evaluate a Google Ads Campaign
You will be evaluating the performance of a Google Ads search campaign in this project. We will provide you with the marketing objective of the campaign, as well as performance data at the campaign, ad group, ad, and keyword levels. This data will allow you to assess how well the campaign performed and make recommendations for how a future iteration of the campaign might perform better.
Course 7: Display Advertising
LESSON ONE How Do Display Ads Work?
- Display advertising has changed substantially over the years. Learn about this evolution and how display ad serving works.
LESSON TWO Display Ads & Targeting
- User targeting is crucial to the success of online display advertising. In this lesson, you learn about the different targeting options, from demographic targeting all the way to behavioral targeting.
LESSON THREE Sales Models
- While early display advertising followed the traditional sales model used in the magazine industry, today an increasing number of display ads are sold programmatically, with ads traded in online marketplaces. Discover how the programmatic advertising landscape works.
LESSON FOUR Display Ads in Google Ads
- Google Ads is a powerful display advertising platform. In this lesson, learn how to create, target, test and monitor a display advertising campaign using Google Ads.
LESSON FIVE Video Advertising
- Video is a fast-growing online platform, for consumers and advertisers alike. Explore different video ad types and how to create effective video ads.
LESSON SIX Jobs in Display Advertising
- We describe what it’s like to be a Digital Marketer and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Evaluate a Display Ad Campaign
In this project, you will assess the results of a display advertising campaign and create a report for management.
Your summary will include the targeting strategy, creatives used, campaign results, and recommendations on how to improve the campaign.
Course 8: Email Marketing
LESSON ONE Email List Generation
- Learn how to build a subscriber list with contact forms and explore the double opt-in process.
LESSON TWO Create an Effective Email Campaigns
- Unopened emails are a missed opportunity. In this lesson, you learn how to write subject lines, pre-headers, calls to action and effective email copy.
LESSON THREE Create an Email Plan
- An email plan is necessary for developing a successful email marketing strategy. Learn how to create an email calendar and plan different types of email campaigns, like transactional and drip campaigns.
LESSON FOUR Measure Results
- Email marketing is never done. In this lesson, you learn how to analyze the results of your email campaign, how to use A/B testing to improve your content, and how to use segmentation to better target specific subscribers.
LESSON FIVE Jobs in Email Marketing
- We describe what it’s like to be a email marketer and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Market with Email
You will plan and prepare an email marketing campaign for a Sandbox B2C or B2B product or your company's product/service in this project. You will compose an email and assess the effectiveness of an email marketing campaign.
Course 9: Measure & Optimize with Google Analytics
LESSON ONE Get Oriented in Google Analytics
- Google Analytics can look more complicated than it is. In this lesson, you learn the different components, metrics, and common definitions used in the platform.
LESSON TWO Understand Your Audience
- Google Analytics can tell you a lot about your audience. In this lesson, you learn how to evaluate your audience — who they are and how they align with your target.
LESSON THREE Evaluate Acquisition
- In this lesson, you learn how to find the source of your traffic — how your users found you.
LESSON FOUR Understand Behavior
- Google Analytics can track how your users behave once they reach your site. Take a look at how different audiences behave on your site — which content they consume, how engaged they are, and their path through your website.
LESSON FIVE Evaluate Conversions
- Discover how to set up your conversion goals in Google Analytics, evaluate your conversion success and identify obstacles to conversion in your site and landing pages for different traffic sources.
LESSON SIX Optimize Campaign Budgets
- All marketing action can be tracked. In this lesson, you learn how to evaluate the results of different campaigns using Google Analytics and how to compare results across platforms to further optimize your marketing budget.
LESSON SEVEN Jobs in Marketing Analytics
We describe what it’s like to work in marketing analytics and what skills recruiters look for in the hiring process.
Course Project Create your Portfolio
It's finally time to show off your hard work! You will create a marketing strategy for your final project and highlight your project work throughout the course in a presentable and comprehensive portfolio.