In this course, you will :
- By the end of this workshop, delegates will:.
- Understand what anger is, the various types, and what causes it.
- Understand more about the types of people whose anger explodes outwardly.
- As well as the people that bottle up anger and let it fester inside.
- Learn how to control outbursts.
- Look at better ways to communicate.
- Deal with other people who are angry.
- Use your own anger to obtain positive outcomes.
- Move forward by being assertive and in control, and negotiating to get what you need.
1. What is Anger?
- What is Anger?
- Fight or Flight
- What Causes Anger?
- Types of Anger
- The Effects of Long Term Anger
2. Angry Volcanos
- Angry Volcanos
- The Interrogator
- The Intimidator
- How to Spot a Volcano
3. Bottling up Your Anger
- Bottling up Your Anger
- The Victim
- The Winder Upper
- The Distancer
- How to Recognise a Black Hole
4. Controlling Your Anger
- Controlling your Anger
- Controlling your Outbursts
- Long Term Anger Management
- Improving your Communication
- Controlling Anger: Using THINK
5. Anger and Communication
- Communication and Anger
- The Three Components of Communication
- Why You Express Anger
- 6 Steps to Communicating When Angry
6. Dealing with Angry People
- Dealing with Angry People
- Coping Strategies - The SOFTEN Acronym
- Self-Preservation when Dealing with Anger in Others
7. Using Anger for Positive Outcomes
- Can Anger Be Positive?
- Using Anger to Motivate You
- The Yerkes-Dodson Curve
- Channeling Your Anger
8. Assertiveness, Negotiation and Control
- Assertiveness, Negotiation and Control
- Goal Setting