In this course, you will :
- Learn how to locate suitable animals and ideas for your creature design, as well as how to gather references for inspiration.
- Investigate storytelling as a tool for bringing your creature to life, then learn how to use the course software and find inspiration for your creature's environment.
- Discover what a block out is and why it is such an important first step in the design process. Make a rough block of your creature, then learn how to sculpt it with simple shapes. Rowena shows you how to paint your concepts to help you visualise your design.
- Learn to model basic shapes and sculpt details that add a new dimension to your creature, beginning with simple details and progressing to more complex textures. Then learn about "retopo" and "UV" and when to use them.
- Learn about the significance of colour in the animal kingdom and how to use a simple colour palette in ZBrush.
- Experiment with different colour combinations before settling on a final design and selecting a pose that best represents the personality of your creature.
- Finding the Right Animals and Storytellings
- Finding References for Your Project
- Materials and Softwares
- Finding Assets
2. Blockout and Painting Ideas
- Creature Blockout
- Sketching Ideas
3. Creature Sculpting
- Sculpting Rough Shape
- Detailing a Cleaner Version of the Model
- Detailing Skins, Alphas and Brushes
- Automatic Retopo and UV's
4. Color and Pose
- Color Theory
- Material Creating and Color Palette
- Color Variations
- Posing the Creature