In this course, you will :
- introduced to the concepts of geospatial data and, in particular, vector data
- Learn how to represent such data in Python using the GeoPandas library, as well as the fundamentals of reading, exploring, and visualising such data.
- Discover the various spatial relationships and how to use them in Python to query data or perform spatial joins.
- Find out more about choropleth visualisations.
- investigate how the coordinates of the geometries are expressed using their Coordinate Reference System (CRS).
- Discover the significance of these reference systems and how to use them in practise with GeoPandas.
- Discover how to generate new geometries based on spatial relationships, allowing you to overlay spatial datasets.
- Introduction to geospatial vector data
- Spatial relationships
- Projecting and transforming geometries
- Putting it all together - Artisanal mining sites case study