In this course, you will :
- Discover how gamers identify with the characters they control and interact with the virtual worlds.
- Investigate anatomy, graphic design, narrative, and gameplay to gain a thorough understanding of the field of video game character design.
- Learn how studying human nature can assist you in creating characters that gamers will recognise and understand.
- Develop an understanding of how studying human nature can help us create characters that audiences will recognise and understand.
- Examine how fundamental visual, narrative, and game design principles can influence character development.
- Improve your ability to analyse and prototype character design concepts.
- Narrative theory for video game characters
- Gameplay design for video game characters
- Visual design principles
- Anatomical knowledge and physical cues
- Professional insights