In this course, you will learn :
- Understand the quantum computing paradigm
- Implement quantum algorithms on Qiskit and Cirq
- Leverage quantum parallelism for speed ups
- About the various quantum algorithms that are asymptotically faster than their classical counterparts.
- Starting with quantum bits, or qubits, you will learn the fundamentals of quantum computing. These are the central and most fundamental computational units.
- After that, you'll learn about quantum mechanics and the roles of quantum gates, circuits, and simulating computers.
- You will have laid the groundwork for further research into quantum computing applications.
1. Baby Steps
- What is Quantum Computing?
- What is a Qubit?
- Quantum States
- Multi-Qubit States
- Qubit Measurement
- Qubit Visualization
- The Power of Quantum Computing
2. The Essence of Quantum Mechanics
- A Short History of Quantum Mechanics
- The Postulates of Quantum Mechanics
- Superposition and Interference
- Quantum Entanglement
- Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox
3. Quantum Gates and Circuits
- Single Qubit Gates
- Multi-Qubit Gates
- Parametric Gates
- Building Quantum Circuits
4. Simulating Quantum Computers
- Why Simulate?
- Simulating Quantum States in Python
- Simulating Quantum Gates in Python
- Simulating an Operation in Python
- Simulating Measurement in Python
- Basic Quantum Simulator
5. Getting Started with Quantum Algorithms
- Quantum Computing Libraries and Frameworks
- Coding a Bell State
6. The Deutsch-Jozsa Algorithm
- Ominous Oracles
- The DJ Circuit
- Time Complexity Analysis - DJ
- Coding the DJ Algorithm
- Key Takeaway - DJ
7. Grover's Search Algorithm
- Quantum Search
- Amplitude Amplification
- Time Complexity Analysis - Grover
- The Grover Circuit
- Coding Grover's Algorithm
- Key Takeaway - Grover
8. Shor's Factoring Algorithm
- Arduous Factorization
- The Quantum Fourier Transform
- Quantum Phase Estimation
- Shor's Algorithm - Beating Around the Bush
- Shor's Algorithm - From Factoring to Period Finding
- The Shor Circuit
- Coding Shor's Algorithm
- Key Takeaway - Shor's Algorithm
9. The Future
- What Lies Ahead?
- Resources and References