In this course, you will :
- To understand what compost is and is not.
- Understand how to construct and manage a compost pile.
- Will be able to produce compost that is safe to use.
- Should be able to design and build a compost toilet.
- Humanure and almost any other organic matter can be composted safely.
- Discover the advantages of composting correctly.
- Learn how to increase soil water retention while increasing biodiversity.
1. All About Composting
- What is compost?
- What is composting?
- Exploring Organic materials
- What can I put into the compost pile?
- How do I start and how do I construct a pile?
- Community Composting and more
2. All About Humanure
- What is Humanure & how can it be recycled?
3. What is the safest way to make humanure?
- Why Put Humanure In A Compost Pile?
- How Is Humanure Composted?
- Prevention of humanure touching the soil
- Do you have to turn compost
- Cover Materials
- Will my compost bin smell?
- How long to fill a compost bin?
- When is the compost ready to be used?
- When is the compost safe to use?
4. Types of toileting Systems
- What is a Toilet?
- Open Defecation
- Pit Latrines
- Dry / Biological Toilets
- Toilets With Septic Systems
- Toilets Attached To Waste Treatment Plants
- Compost Toilets
- Why Does A compost Toilet Not Smell?
- Unsuitable Cover Materials
- Is One Receptacle Enough?
- How Long To Fill A 20 Litre Container?
- Will Containers Smell?
5. How a composting toilet system works
- Browns and Greens
- Toilet and Compost collections
- Community Toilet Programmes
6. What are the health benefits of Composting Toilets?
- The Current State of Health Globally
- The benefits of Humanure Composting
- How Sanitation and Health Will Improve
7. How to make a Compost Toilet
- What a compost toilet must have
- How to build a budget compost toilet