In this course, you will learn:
- How to decipher, analyse, and comprehend various types of architectural depiction.
- The social and historical backgrounds of great architectural creations.
- The fundamentals of creating your own architectural drawings and models.
- Relevant information for academic studies or a career as an architect.
1. Form and History
- The Architectural Imagination: An Introduction
- Reading Architecture: Column and Wall
- Hegel and Architectural History
- Aldo Rossi and Typology
2. The Technology Effect
- The Crystal Palace: Infrastructure and Detail
- The Dialectics of Glass and Steel
- Technology Tamed: Le Corbusier’s Machines for Living
3. Representation and Context
- Drawing Utopia: Visionary Architecture of the 18th Century
- The Pompidou Center in the City of Paris
- Presenting the Unrepresentable