In this course, you will learn:
- Remember the working definitions of terrorism and their analytical limitations.
- Determine the various causes of terrorism.
- Understand terrorist organizations like Al Qaeda, Hamas, and the Islamic State's strategies and tactics.
- Identify significant terrorist groups in the Middle East and South Asia, including Palestinian groups, Pakistani groups, and Al-Qaeda, and learn about their strengths, flaws, and overall effectiveness.
- Understand how counterterrorism is constrained in a democratic society, as well as numerous key legal arguments surrounding the subject.