In this course, you will learn :
- Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges.
- This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. For additional information on the concepts described in the course, you can purchase Professor Werbach's book For the Win: How Game Thinking Can Revolutionize Your Business in print or ebook format in several languages.
- The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) is a private university, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- In this first module, we'll look at what gamification is, why organizations are applying it, and where it comes from. While there isn’t universal agreement on the scope of the field, a set of concepts are clearly representative of gamification.
- The second lesson explains why the concept of games is deeper than most people realize, and how game design serves as a foundation for gamification.