In this course, you will :
- Discover how to make a traditional sugar rose by kneading, rolling, cutting, and wiring gum paste.
- Nasima walks you through each technique step by step to ensure quality results. Next, learn how to make ruffled petals to make a more complex open peony flower.
- Learn how to make a David Austin rose, a popular English flower, by learning cutting techniques based on petal thickness. Apply the previous ruffling techniques, then assemble and curl the outer petals.
- Learn how to make sugar leaves, berries, and filler flowers to add some variety to your arrangement.
- Discover how to wire your flowers and leaves together.
- Learn how to use petal dust and setting techniques to add depth and realism to your flowers.
- Before hearing Nasima's tips for photographing your work and sharing it on social media, learn how to attach your bouquet to the cake.
- Colour Palette
- Design Your Cake
- Description of Materials
2. Sugar Floral Production 1
- Classic Sugar Rose
- Classic Sugar Rose Resources
- Open Peony
- Open Peony Resources
3. Sugar Floral Production 2
- Sugar Leaves, Berries and Filler Flowers
- David Austin Rose
- David Austin Rose Resources
4. Final Composition
- Assembling Open Peony and Leaves
- Dusting and Setting the Sugar Flower Bouquet
- Attaching Sugar Flowers Onto a Tiered Dummy Cake
- Social Media and Photography