This course is designed to prepare you for success in any career path you choose. You will develop the habits and attitudes required to succeed in the job market. You will find a mentor to help you advance in your career. You will examine your relationships and devise a strategy for engaging your LinkedIn network. You will distinguish between networking and networking with purpose. You will also learn the most effective ways to disclose assistance from your peer or professional group. Finally, you will assess the most effective methods for adjusting your career path at various stages of life.
1. Career Habitudes
- Meet the Team
- Introduction to Career Habitudes
- What Are Habitudes?
- Why are Habitudes Important?
- Habitudes and Career Success
- Habitude Examples
- Habitudes and Leadership
- Habitudes for Mid-Career Professionals
- Career Advice from Dr. Tim Elmore
2. Finding a Mentor
- Finding a Mentor
- The Importance of a Career Coach (Mentor)
3. NetWeaving: Networking with Intention
- Introduction to NetWeaving: Networking with Intention
- What is NetWeaving?
- NetWeaving vs. Traditional Networking
- NetWeaving as a Career Enhancement Tool
- NetWeaving Skills
- The Five Levels of NetWeaving
- Three NetWeaving Mistakes to Avoid
- Career Advice from the Chief NetWeaver
4. Practical LinkedIn
- In this module, you will be introduced to the best practices for enhancing your career (and your job search) via LinkedIn. Without a doubt, the best tool for connecting business people is LinkedIn. As of August 2015, LinkedIn has more than 313 million members in over 220 countries, and is adding new ones at the rate of two new members per second. This module offers practical LinkedIn advice and instructions on how to best leverage your skills and abilities online.
5. Building Authentic Relationships
- Introduction to Building Authentic Relationships
- Professional Relationships: Be Passionate!
- Professional Relationships: Be Fearless!
- Professional Relationships: Have a Game Plan!
- Professional Relationships: Flawless Execution!
- Professional Relationships: Make Great Choices!
- Relationships: Be Authentic!
- Millennials, Overcoming the Fear of Failure
- Career Advice from Molly Fletcher
6. Asking for Help
- Professionals often balance the need to solve problems on their own versus asking for help, thus exposing their lack of knowledge and/or experience. This module will assist you in making that determination, understanding their culture of their professional environment, while scanning the environment for style and preference.
7. Adjusting the Career Plan
- In this module, you will be introduced to best practices in how to continuously review their career plans and make adjustments as necessary. This module will illustrate how the career ladder has turned into a rock wall that requires you to be more nimble and adaptable. More often than not, reaching the career of your dreams in not a direct path. You may need to climb sideways or move down the rock wall for a while before you can progress upward again.