In this course, you will learn;
- Product designs usually end up as complex CAD drawings before going into production.
- Sketching allows product designers to generate ideas quickly, without committing resources to any single idea.
- Kevin Henry, a product designer and educator responsible for the influential book Drawing for Product Designers, teaches beginning and intermediate students how to visualize ideas for small-scale and mass production with just a pen and paper.
- He combines explanation, illustration, animation, and hands-on demonstrations of concepts such as sketching basic shapes as well as more complex forms, creating planes, the mechanics and methods of two-point perspective, projection principles, and creating the illusion of shade and casting shadows.
- The goal is to get students generating ideas, and sketching them as accurately as possible without inhibiting the creative process.
- Kevin explains not just how designers sketch products, but also why.
- When you're done, check out the rest of our product design courses, which expand on advanced methods of sketching and visualization, including prototyping and computer-aided design (CAD).