Course DescriptionStarting a new job can be difficult, especially when youre new to the tech industry.
This course is aimed to help people on their first day, get everything setup quickly, and have a simple checklist of the required tools.
Start your new job with confidenceImagine youre sitting at your desk, your new manager and the tech department hands you your new computer, exciting right? Typically these computers are bare bones, they might have Microsoft office installed, but no technical applications. Youll need to setup Java, Ruby, GIT, and so many other applications.
Benefits of this course
This course will guide you through the installation of advanced tech applications. Well quickly install the entire development environment in under an hour.Imagine that youre handed the computer, and within one hour your all setup and ready to start coding, or start testing. Your boss will be very impressed, youll look like you know exactly what youre doing!
Contents and OverviewThis course contains over 20 lectures and 30 minutes of content. Its designed for anyone, but especially for beginners. In this course, you will learn how to use Home Brew, Terminal commands, and how to correctly install OS X applications.Youll learn using hands on experience, each video is only a few seconds, to a few minutes long. And, finally, youll learn what it feels like to look amazing on your first day at a new job.
What are the requirements?
- A willingness to experiment with new applications
- Willingness to use the terminal
What am I going to get from this course?
- Confidence at your new job
- Very professional and common applications
- Up and running in just under an hour
- High quality video, with easy to follow directions
What is the target audience?
- Anyone learning a new development stack
- Anyone starting a new job
- Anyone that needs to setup a new OS X computer.
- Expand on Java, installing environment variables
- Ruby versioning examples
- Install the complete MEAN stack
- Elaborate on database applications
- Show differences between GIT / SVN
- And so much more
If you need help installing something, let me know and Ill setup additional simple videos.