In this course, you will learn :
- The fundamentals of PTSD Counseling and Treatment.
- With ready-to-use worksheets, you can simplify your counselling sessions.
- Set up a successful PTSD Counseling Session.
- Counseling worksheets and a treatment plan are ready for use with your clients.
- In order to treat PTSD and trauma, incorporate CBT, DBT, and ACT skills into your practise.
- 40+ Worksheets to distribute to your clients.
- Educate your clients on PTSD and its symptoms.
- Give your clients coping strategies for dealing with flashbacks, nightmares, and intrusions.
- Determine and address the underlying trauma that is causing the phobia, PTSD, or trauma.
- Determine the behavioural causes and origins of depression and anxiety.
- Begin the PTSD recovery process.
- Learn how to use simple healing modalities to turn each negative situation to their advantage.
1. Understanding Trauma & PTSD
- What Is Trauma?
- What Is PTSD? Diagnosis of PTSD
- How Are Traumatic Memories Processed?
- Physical and Health Issues Associated with Trauma
- Thinking about Coping with PTSD & Trauma
2. Integrating CBT, DBT, ACT Techniques into Your Life
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
- ABC Model - Thought, Emotions & Behavior
- Understanding Feedback Loops
- Behavioral Coping
- Exposure Therapy for PTSD & Trauma
- Stress Inoculation Training (SIT) for PTSD & Trauma
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) PTSD & Trauma
- What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)?
- How ACT differs from CBT & DBT
- ACT in Action! 6 Core Processes
- Goal of Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Common Elements of CBT, DBT & ACT
3. Managing Your Anxiety & PTSD
- Building a Strong Foundation: Breathing
- Abdominal Breathing for Anxiety
- Focusing on Your Body
- PMR Progressive Muscle Relaxation a CBT Technique for Anxiety & PTSD
- Relaxation without Tension a CBT Technique for Anxiety & PTSD
- Cue Controlled Relaxation a CBT Technique for Anxiety & PTSD
- Using Your Mind to Relax and Develop Awareness
- Decreasing the Power of Negative Thoughts
4. Stop Avoiding and Start Living Again
- Finding Your Own Motivation after Trauma
- Using Metaphors to Help Bring about Change
- Facing Your Traumatic Emotions
- Developing Mindfulness
- Challenging Yourself to Face Your Fears
- Building Emotional Connections
- Decreasing PTSD Symptoms through Writing
5. Handling Difficult Thoughts of Trauma
- 8 Limited Thinking Patterns from CBT
- Polarized Thinking.
- Mind Reading
- Composing Balanced Alternative Thoughts
6. Coping with Memories, Flashbacks, Nightmares, and Intrusions
- Focusing on Your Thoughts
- Invalidating Thoughts
- Mindfulness and Grounding
- Imagery Rehearsal for Nightmares
- What is Wise Mind?
- Developing Wise Mind
7. Maintaining Health
8. Post Traumatic Growth
- Post Traumatic Growth
- Awareness of Symptoms and Coping Strategies
- Your Risk & Protective Factors
- How Trauma has affected your thinking
- Deliberate or Reflective Rumination
9. Processing Trauma and its Aftermath
- Processing Trauma and its Aftermath
- Name and Understand Your Feelings
- Relaxation Exercises
10. Trauma and Growth
- Recognizing your strengths
- Improving Your Relationships
- Appreciating Your Life
- Seeing New Possibilities
- Finding Meaning and Purpose
11. Building Strength
- Safety Before & After Trauma
- Recognizing Your Work, Relationship & Family Strengths