In this course, you will learn :
- What Exactly Is Trauma and How Can It Affect Your Life?
- People's Reactions to Traumatic Events
- Trauma-Related Physical and Mental Health Issues
- Introducing New Therapeutic Techniques into Your Life
- Anxiety Management.
- Stop avoiding and get back to living.
- Coping with Disturbing Memories, Flashbacks, Nightmares, and Intrusions
- How to Determine Whether You Need Therapy.
- How to Improve Your Health Care.
- Assimilate and apply new knowledge to provide better (trauma-informed) support and advocacy for family, friends, and colleagues suffering from PTS or PTSD.
- Why do some people (traumatised individuals) develop PTSD while others do not?
- PTSD in Children, Adolescents, and the Elderly
1. Basic understanding of Trauma & PTSD
- Understanding Trauma
- Understanding PTSD
- What is PTSD & It's Symptoms?
- Other Reactions to Traumatic Events
- Traumatic Memories
- Health Issues Associated with Trauma
- Thinking about coping
- How are you coping with symptoms?
2. Introduction to CBT, DBT & ACT Therapy
- Techniques and Therapies
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
- Assumptions of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- The nature of Automatic Thoughts
- ABC-BC-BC Model of Feedback
- Introduction to Behavioral Coping
- What is Exposure Therapy
- Stress Inoculation Training (SIT) for PTSD & Trauma
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) PTSD & Trauma
- What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)?
- Assumptions of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- What is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)?
- Assumptions of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- ACT in Action! 6 Core Processes
- Psychological Flexibility
- Common Elements of CBT, DBT & ACT
3. Exercises to regulate your anxiety
- Managing anxiety with breathing exercises
- Before you proceed
- How to breathe properly
- Focusing on Your Body
- How to do Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR)
- Relaxation without tensing of muscles
- Deep muscle relaxation with Cue Control
- Mental Relaxation and Awareness
- Compressing Negative Thoughts
- Section Conclusion
4. Bouncing Back!
- Start living again
- Rediscover your motivation
- Power of metaphors
- Identifying emotions
- Everyday mindfulness exercises
- Facing feared situations
- Connecting with others
- Write about your trauma
5. Managing Difficult Thoughts of Trauma & PTSD
- Limited Thinking Patterns from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Filtering out the positive
- Polarized Thinking
- Mind Reading
- Composing Balanced Alternative Thoughts
6. Coping with Memories, Flashbacks, Nightmares, and Intrusions
- Coping with Flashbacks
- Invalidating Thoughts
- Mindfulness and Grounding
- Imagery Rehearsal for Nightmares
- What is Wise Mind ?
- Developing Wise Mind
7. Cognitive Defusion, Maintaining Mental & Physical Health
- Cognitive Defusion
- The thought that
- Ditching the meaning
- Emotions on Continuum
- Opposite to emotions
- Mood momentum
- Self as Context
8. Post Traumatic Growth
- Introduction to Post Traumatic Growth
- Awareness of Symptoms and Coping Strategies
- Your Risk & Protective Factors
- How Trauma has affected your thinking
- Self-Assessment of Deliberate or Reflective Rumination
- Self-Assessment of the Challenge to Your Core Beliefs
9. Processing Trauma and its Aftermath
- Processing Trauma and its Aftermath
- Identifying emotions
10. Trauma and Growth
- Recognizing your strengths
- Enhancing Your Relationships
- Appreciating Your Life
- A Path to New Possibilities
- Seeing New Possibilities
- Loss of Purpose
- Finding Meaning and Purpose
11. Building Strength
- What changed since trauma?
- Recognizing strengths of work, family and relationships
- Coping Mechanisms
- Asking for Help
12. Compassion and Companionship
- How expert companions help with posttraumatic growth
- Qualities of Companionship
- Different Direction