In this course, you will :
- Get firsthand information about depression from an MDD patient.
- How to elicit client insights that will help your therapy be more effective.
- How to assist your MDD client in sticking to their treatment plan.
- How to adapt to various client situations and direct sessions.
- Learn from my unique insights gained from years of counselling MDD clients.
- With effective therapy tools, assist difficult major depressive disorder patients in making progress in each session.
- Exercises that are unique and evidence-based to offer to your MDD clients.
- Strategically address the symptoms and teach effective coping skills.
- Turn each lecture (insight) into one counselling session.
- Learn about common problems and solutions for an MDD client.
- All insights and tools are completely applicable to your practise.
1. Setting up Counseling Sessions & Useful Insights
- Client's Problems & Session Goal Setting
- Solution to Client's Depression
- Helping Clients create new life
- Managing Expectations of Depressed Clients
- Hard-disk Analogy
- Principle of "ok to be good enough"
- Developing skill of overcoming depression
- 4 key Insights - why depression persists
2. DBT Skills for Counseling Depression Cases
- 4 Quadrants of life satisfaction
- Foundational Beliefs
- Emotion Monitoring Tool
- 6 Steps to recognizing emotions
- Distress Tolerance Skills
- Distraction Skills
- Self Soothing Skills
- Mindfulness Skills
- Mindfulness Breathing
- Wise Mind
- Wise Mind Meditation
3. Psychology of Depression
- Understanding suffering
- Overcoming Suffering
- Overcoming Common Hurdles
4. Developing Self Compassion
- Treat yourself right
- How to allow yourself to make mistakes
- Let go of the resistance
- Be patient
- Taking care of your health
- Loving Compassion Meditation