In this course, you will learn :
- Simple tricks can help you live a happier life.
- Dispel common myths about what it means to live a fulfilled life by understanding where true happiness comes from.
- Connect with others on a deeper level.
1. The Core Issues
- What are Stereotypes?
- What is Prejudice?
- What is Discrimination?
2. The Problems with Stereotypes
- Introduction to Stereotypes and Their Effects
- Stereotype Effects on Perception
- Stereotype Effects on Evaluation
- Stereotype Effects on Our Memories
- Stereotype Effects
3. Stereotype Threat
- Introduction to Stereotype Threat
- What is Stereotype Threat?
- When Stereotype Threat Happens Most
- Solutions to Reduce Stereotype Threat
- Stereotype Threat
4. "Us" vs. "Them"
- The Psychology of "Social Identity"
- Prejudice and Inherently Meaningless Groups
- Ingroups vs Outgroups
5. Living in a Diverse World
- An Increasingly Diverse Society
- The Benefits of Diversity
- Challenges of Changing Social Demographics
- Approaching Diversity: Colorblindness vs. Multiculturalism
- Diversity's Benefits and Challenges
6. Best Practices for Reducing Prejudice
- How to Think About Prejudice Reduction
- There's Hope!
- Contact Theory
- More on the Contact Hypothesis
- Common Ingroup Identity
- Stereotype Replacement
- Perspective Taking
- Exceptions to the "Rule"
- Reducing Prejudice