In this course, you will learn :
- The basics of creating your own interactive light-up pop-up book Create three spreads, each of a different city scene, and learn how to use light to give your art a whole new dimension.
- Examine the tools and materials required to make pop-up books, as well as how to make the most of them. Examine the two main mechanisms that comprise your book: the box and the floating platform. Before learning how to combine techniques and find inspiration for your book, move on to the v-fold mechanism.
- Learn how to use bookbinding techniques to keep your pages together. Helen concludes the course by guiding you through the final steps of finishing your work, including how to use light to bring your book to life.
1. Mechanisms and Inspiration
- Materials, Tools, and Workspace
- The Box and Floating Platform
- The V-Fold and Combining Mechanisms
- Finding Ideas and References
2. Designing and Assembling the Pages
- Designing Page : Big Ben
- Designing Page : Leicester Square
- Assembling Page : Leicester Square
- Designing Page : Hyde Park
- Assembling Page : Hyde Park
3. Finalising the Book
- Putting the Book Together
- Finishing Touches