In this course, you will learn :
- Take a Self-Assessment Test to assess your basic American English pronunciation skills.
- Linguistics background knowledge is required in order to use other e-learning tools.
- The fundamental distinctions between spelling and pronunciation (and how they are related).
- Ideas for creating a Study Plan to help you improve your English pronunciation.
- With 1enyu, you can improve your understanding of mouth muscles for clear and natural speech.
1. Introduction to Pronunciation of English Vowels - American Accent Training 1enyu
- Common Mistakes and Starting Simple
- Full Intro on Vowels, Syllables, and Stress
- /ɑ/ vs. /ɔ/ Tricky American Vowels that become 1 sound /ɒ/, i.e. 'hot'
- Practice Lesson: American /ɛ/ vs. /e/ in Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Japanese, etc
- General American English (vs. British English)
- Pronunciation Practice: /ʌ/ʊ/u/ 3 Vowel Sounds with similar Spellings, i.e. 'u',
- The /au/ sound (harder than you think!)
- More on Spelling vs. Sound, Advice, Quiz
- Designing a Study Plan (Expectations?)