In this course, you will :
- Learn about her creative journey that led to a full-time career as an artist, as well as the influences that inspire her and the work she creates.
- Learn about the mandala and the steps involved in creating professional-quality patterns. Before you begin practising different techniques, choose your materials. Choose a colour palette for your piece and a final design.
- Using a compass, ruler, and pencil, learn how to prepare your panel and create a grid for your mandala. In preparation for painting, experiment with different methods for sketching your design onto your canvas.
- Paint over your line work, then add color. Add the finishing touches to your work by embellishing details, erasing pencil marks, signing it, and varnishing it.
- Learn how to photograph your work for social media or archiving purposes. Lizzie concludes the course by walking you through the process of creating a digital mockup of your art to present to collectors.
1. Learning the Foundations
- Deciding on a Design
- The Colour Palette
- Practising Patterns and Techniques
- Choosing the Materials
- The Mandala
2. Assembling the Steps
- Setting up the Grid
- Pencil Sketching
- Prepping the Panel
3. Painting Your Artwork
- The Linework
- Adding Colour
- The Details and Finishing Touches
4. The Photography and Presentation
- Creating a Digital Mock-up
- Photographing Your Art