In this course, you will learn :
- How to explore the Microbiome
- What effect microbiota have on your health.
- Microbiota and healthy ageing
- Diet, genes, and microbiota are all linked.
- Diagnostics and microbial therapies
- How academic knowledge of the microbiome is useful to policymakers, medical doctors, non-profit organisations, and industry
- Module 1: The human microbiome This module includes topics like: how to study the microbiome, microbiota for health and the human microbiome
- Module 2: Early life microbiota development This module includes topics like: development of the microbiome, microbiome and health, life changing events, personal microbiota development
- Module 3: Microbiota and Ageing This module includes topics like: healthy ageing, including centenarians, diet and longevity; and ageing related diseases such as immunescene
- Module 4: Microbiota diet and disease Topics in this module include: nutrition, diet and genes and obesity
- Module 5: Microbial therapies and diagnostics This module includes topics like: microbial therapies, personalized therapies and diagnostics.
- Module 6: Applicability and societal impact This module includes topics like: applicability of the microbiome in medical therapy, pharmacy, nutritional companies, probiotic production and the food chain. We also go in to some examples of host microbiota interactions