In this course, you will learn:
- How do bacteria and eukaryotic compare and contrast translation?
- How to characterise various RNA turnover and RNA splicing mechanisms
- How to deduce functional information from protein structures
- What is the best way to construct an experiment to test a hypothesis?
- How should data from translation and RNA processing experiments be interpreted?
- Translation I – Overview and Key Players
- Translation II – Elongation
- Translation III – Initiation and Termination
- Translation IV – Regulation of Translation
- RNA Splicing I – Mechanisms
- RNA Splicing II – Proofreading and Alternative Splicing
- RNA Turnover I – Assays and General Mechanisms
- RNA Turnover II – Specific Bacterial and Eukaryotic Mechanisms