In an urban garden, you will need a container or you may decide to create a garden in the existing soil. In either case, you must properly prepare the soil. Great soil is one of the most important aspects of having a flourishing and beautiful garden. To get good soil, you must plan, test, and adjust it.
In this coure, you will learn :
- How to test the pH levels of soils and what ingredients to look for.
- You will also discover that there are specific times when it is best to plant. Anyone interested in learning about urban gardening will benefit greatly from this material.
- Enrolling in this course will benefit first-time gardeners, city dwellers, and anyone considering creating and planting a garden in a city.
- It explains the techniques and strategies for growing flourishing gardens, converting spaces for green spaces, and preparing fertile soil.
- Groundskeepers, landscape gardeners, and others can benefit from learning the fundamentals of growing a thriving urban garden.
1. Introduction to Urban Gardening
- Introduction to Urban Gardening - Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to Urban Gardening
- Essential Gardening Tools
- USDA Hardiness Rating and Budget Planning
- Soil Preparation and Planning for Planting
- Introduction to Urban Gardening - Lesson Summary
2. Common Plant Problems and Composting
- Common Plant Problems and Composting - Learning Outcomes
- Types of Weeds and Garden Pests
- Transplanting and Common Garden UK Diseases
- Creating Compost and Bottling Fruits
- Drying Flowers and Collecting Plant Seeds
- Common Plant Problems and Composting - Lesson Summary