In thi course, you will :
- An overview of XAML's what, when, and how for Microsoft developers looking to create better user interfaces for their applications.
- Learn why markup is so important in user interface design, which frameworks use XAML, and how to identify sections of a XAML file.
- Shows you how to configure Visual Studio 2015 to work with XAML, delves into XAML namespaces and namespace mapping, and discusses the use of XAML in other popular frameworks such as Windows Presentation Foundations, Universal Windows, and Silverlight.
1. What is XAML?
- Why markup languages are useful for UI definition
- XAML, the Microsoft UI markup language
- What frameworks use XAML
- Optimize the XAML editor settings
- Work with the Visual Studio XAML tools
- Overview of XAML concepts
2. XAML Namespaces
- Namespace declarations in XAML files
- Understanding namespace mapping
- The catalog of XAML namespaces
- Predefined namespaces
- Ad hoc namespaces
3. The Basic Parts of XAML
- Instantiate object elements in XAML
- Object elements and property attributes
- Property elements: The alternative to property attributes
- Use event attributes to subscribe to events
- Event handlers for event attributes
4. Use XAML in Various Frameworks
- Use XAML in WPF
- Use XAML in Universal Windows apps
- Use XAML in other UI frameworks