What you will learn
- Assess how to lead healthcare organizations in a complex and changing system.
- Develop in others the knowledge and skills needed to devise programs to prevent and manage chronic disease using population based healthcare delivery interventions that engage the individual and the community.
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.