In this course, you will learn:
- The study of world literature's history.
- How cultural transmission transforms literary works and books.
- How to evaluate literary works critically.
- The importance of key technological advancements in the field of writing.
- Goethe and the Birth of World Literature
- The Epic of Gilgamesh
- Homer, The Odyssey
- The 1001 Nights
- Murasaki Shikibu, The Tale of Genji
- The Lusiads
- Voltaire, Candide
- Lu Xun and Eileen Chang
- Jorge Luis Borges, Ficciones
- Wole Soyinka, Death and the King's Horseman
- Salman Rushdie and Jhumpa Lahiri
- Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red