In this course, you will learn:
- What are customers buying? (demand theory)
- What should we produce? (production theory)
- Which costs do I need to worry about now? (cost theory)
- What market am I in? (competition theory)
- What should we charge for it? (pricing theory)
- What you should know before watching this course
1. What is Managerial Economics and How Do I Apply It?
- What is managerial economics?
- Use economics to solve business problems
2. Demand Theory: What Are Customers Buying?
- Demand curve
- Price elasticity
- Real world elasticities
- Paradox of positive elasticity
- Shift of the demand curve
3. Production Theory: What Should We Produce?
- Economic profit versus accounting profit
- Economies of scale
- Economies of scale versus scope
- The law of diminishing returns
4. Cost Theory: Which Costs Should I Worry About Now?
- Break-even analysis
- What-if analysis for constant profit
5. Pricing Theory: What Should We Charge For It?
- Profit maximization
- Price discrimination
6. Economics in Action
- Google's money-making machine
- Game theory
- Economic fallacies