In this course, you will learn:
- Materials Selection Externalities
- Price, Cost, and Abundance of Materials
- Structural Materials: Properties, Limits, and Ratio Analysis
- How are structured materials made and processed?
- Introduction to externalities of materials selection, comprising social, political, economic, military, cultural, environmental and other effects.
- Introduction to the relationship between material cost, abundance, and usage. Factors influencing availability such as energy density and recyclability are also discussed.