In this course, you will :
- Discover how to increase your reading speed and comprehension. Everyone can benefit from speed reading, and this course will teach you how to improve how much information you absorb and how quickly you absorb it.
- Iris Reading founder Paul Nowak first asks you to measure your current reading rate before delving into the reading habits that slow people down.
- Then he introduces simple techniques for increasing your reading speed, as well as practise drills to help you retain your new skill.
- Following that, the course focuses on improving comprehension by understanding how memory works, practising the "read and recall" method, and breaking down technical terms.
1. Increasing Your Reading Speed
- Three reading habits that slow you down
- Using your hand to guide your eyes
- Reading faster on the computer screen
- Simple drills you can practice to boost reading speed
- Reading groups of words
- Using deadlines to improve your reading speed
2. The Multiple-Reading Process
- Preview the material
- Get an overview of the material
- Read the material
3. Increasing Your Comprehension and Retention
- The difference between comprehension and retention
- A simple technique to improve comprehension
- The "read and recall" method
- How your memory works
- Memory principles
- Memorizing technical terms
4. Advanced Reading Tips and Strategies
- The 80/20 principle of reading
- How to get through a book a day
- Tips for reading news articles
- Tips for reading magazine articles
- Tips for reading textbooks and technical material
- How to deal with charts and diagrams
- Tips for reading on tablets