In this course, you will :
- Discover what a trend is and what its fundamental elements are. Learn how to use those elements to identify and comprehend other trends, and then how to effectively name them.
- Examine the various types of trends, including micro and macro, before learning about Delia's company, which she uses as a case study throughout the course.
- Discover Delia's tips for conducting trend research. She shares the five principles to keep in mind when spotting them, along with the tools and techniques she uses as part of her creative process, from desk research to "trend safaris".
- Learn how to analyse your research findings to identify trends.
- To finish the course, Delia guides you through the process of using those trends to come up with meaningful new ideas with your target audience in mind.
1. An Introduction to Trends
- What Is a Trend?
- The Expectation Economy
- The Anatomy of a Trend
- Trends Come In Different Types and Sizes
- Case Study: Mama Matters
2. How to Spot Trends
- A Trend Researcher’s Mindset
- Finding Trends: Desk Research
- Finding Trends: Expert Panel
- Finding Trends: Trend Safari
3. Turning Trends into New Ideas
- Analysing Trends
- Applying Trends to Come Up with a New Idea