In this course, you will learn:
- Creating a five-part tonal gradient.
- Flat vs. dramatic light.
- Rendering light and shadow.
- Lighting your model. Adding tonality.
- Simplifying figures into basic volumes.
- Silhouette and camouflage
- Figure drawing: Tonal rendering
- Demo files
1. Introduction to Tonal Rendering
- Using light and shadow
- Creating a five-part tonal gradient
- Building tonality-varied mark making
2. Rendering Light and Shadow
- Demonstrating flat vs. dramatic light
- Rendering block with cast shadow
- Rendering egg with cast shadow
- Rendering cylinders with cast shadows
3. Dramatic Tonal Rendering
- Lighting your model
- Simplifying figures into basic volumes
- Adding tonality, demo 1
- Adding tonality, demo 2
- Building structure to tonality
4. Alternate Lighting Challenges
- Putting it all together
- Bonus video: Timelapse of drawing process