In this course, you will learn :
- Identify the four External Conduct Standards and explain how they apply to charities.
- Examine case studies to determine whether charities have correctly applied the External Conduct Standards.
- Apply the External Conduct Standards correctly to their own charity.
- Demonstrate that the steps taken to apply External Conduct Standards to themselves are'reasonable steps' based on the size, operating location/s, purposes, beneficiaries, activities, and other factors of their charity.
- Evaluate your charity's current performance in relation to the External Conduct Standards and develop a strategy to strengthen its response to international risks.
- Consider the similarities and differences between the External Conduct Standards and the Code of Conduct of the Australian Council for International Development, and how charities registered with the ACNC can meet the requirements of both.
1. Introduction and External Conduct Standards 1 and 2
- What are the External Conduct Standards and who do they apply to?
- How to meet External Conduct Standard 1
- How to meet External Conduct Standard 2
2. External Conduct Standards 3 and 4 and charity self-evaluation
- How to meet External Conduct Standard 3
- How to meet External Conduct Standard 4
- Charity self-evaluation: Meeting obligations when operating overseas