In this course, you will :
- Identify the key factors that influence inequalities in STEM participation and informal STEM learning.
- Define the terms equality, equity, and social justice.
- Describe the Equity Compass's components.
- Apply the Equity Compass to informal STEM learning examples.
- Determine which examples of equitable practise are weak and which are strong.
- Using the Equity Compass, reflect on and develop your own practise.
1. Equity in informal STEM learning
- Why focus on equity in STEM?
- Inequitable experiences
- Introducing the Equity Compass
2. Reflecting on practice
- Challenging the status quo
- Working with and valuing minoritised communities
- Embedding equity
- Extending equity
3. Developing equitable practice
- Mapping and developing Dr Bridges’ practice
- Small steps can make a difference
- Using the Equity Compass in your practice
- Taking the Equity Compass forward